Day 1: Wednesday, 24 October
|9:30-10:30||Registration (Coffee Break)|
|10:30-10:40||Welcome remarks (10)
〔Ms. Naoko Okamura, Deputy Director-General of MEXT〕
〔Mr. Takashi Matsuo, Representative, Japanese Representative Office (JRO) Asian Development Bank (ADB) [PDF 3.1MB]〕
|11:00-11:20||AOGEOSS Case Study: Mekong River Project (20)
(1) Introduction of the Case Study (10)
〔Prof. Toshio Koike, Director of the International Centre for Water Hazard and Risk Management(ICHARM)〕
(2) Over view of the AOGEOSS Case Study (10)
〔Dr. Youngseong Kim, Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI) 〕
|11:20-12:20||Special Session1：Regarding cross over issues(60)
Data sharing and AO-DataCube(TG10&11)/ User engagement and communication (TG12)
〔Session Chair and Panel Moderator :Dr. David Hudson, AO GEOSS Co-Chair and Senior Advisor Earth Observation, Geoscience Australia〕
(1) Task updates from AO GEOSS Task Co-Leads (15)
〔Dr. Guoqing Li, Lead of TG10; Dr. Xiang Zhou, Lead of TG11; Prof. Toshio Koike, Lead of TG 12〕
(2) AO GEOSS Cross cutting tasks panel discussion (45)
〔Panelists: Dr. Guoqing Li, Professor, Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth (RADI),Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS); Dr. Xiang Zhou, Professor, RADI, CAS; Prof. Toshio Koike; Director of ICHARM; Dr. Stuart Minchin, Chief of Environment Geoscience, Geoscience Australia; Dr. Andy Steven, CSIRO Research Director Coasts, Oceans & Atmosphere〕
|12:20-12:30||Photo Session (10)|
TG1: AWCI (GEOSS Asian Water Cycle Initiative)
TG2: AP-BON (Asia-Pacific Biodiversity Observation Network)
TG3: Carbon and GHG Initiative
TG4&TG8: Ocean and Society / Ocean and Islands Observations for Asia-Oceania Region
TG5: Asia-RiCE (Asian Rice Crop Estimation and monitoring)
Day 2: Thursday, 25 October
|9:30-12:30||Sectional Meeting (Cont.)
|14:00-17:30||Sectional Meeting （Cont.）
TG1&TG5 (15:00~Joint session)
* Each TG completes the maps during the sectional meeting and need to be submitted to MEXT by 17:30
* Each TG maps its activity with the GEO 3 priority areas. (SDGｓ/Paris Agreement/Sendai Flamework 2015-2030).
* A map combined with all TG’s maps will be distributed at the AP Symposium, the Asia-Oceania Day, and the GEO Plenary.
* Draft Statement will be shared before the AP Symposium and each TG completes several sentences which should be included in the statement during the sectional meeting and need to be submitted to MEXT by 17:30.
* The statement is constructed with three parts: 1) Introduction, 2) How AOGEOSS Initiative works toward the achievement of the GEO 3 priority areas (SDGｓ/Paris Agreement/Sendai Flamework 2015-2030)? and 3) How AOGEOSS Initiative works toward the Mekong River Projects?
* At least one person from each TG is requested to attend the statement meeting to polish and complete the statement.
* The statement will be read out by GEO Sec on Day 3.
Day 3: Friday, 26 October
|9:30-10:00||A strategy for a results-oriented GEOSS
〔Dr. Gilberto Câmara, GEO Secretariat Director (30)〕
〔Moderator: Dr.Hiroyuki Muraoka, Senior Professor, River Basin Research Center, Gifu University〕
〔Panelists: representatives from each Task Groups〕
Reporting the map of AOGEOSS activities from TGs
TGs report their maps and activities they will focus on over the next year
|11:30-11:45||Adoption of the Statement (15)
* Read-out and adoption of the final draft Statement
〔Reader of the Statement: GEO Secretariat〕
|11:45-11:50||Closing Remarks (5)
〔Dr. Gilberto Câmara, GEO Secretariat Director〕
|13:00-||AOGEOSS Coordination Board Meeting (60)
(AOGEOSS CB member only)